Town of Austerlitz
Tom Moreland, Town Historian
Phone: 518-392-3260 ext. 306
PO Box 237
Spencertown, NY 12165
For further information regarding Austerlitz history, please click here: Website
Austerlitz History Center
About Our Town Historian:
Town Historian Tom Moreland is available by email (link above) or phone (518-392-3260 ext. 306) to answer inquiries concerning any aspect of Austerlitz history. He is also interested in receiving for the Town any information, documents, photographs or artifacts pertaining to Austerlitz history or any of its prior residents.
On May 29 the new Austerlitz History Center opened in the old town hall on Route 203 in Spencertown. The Center will be open most Saturday mornings from 9 am to 11 am, and at other times by appointment made with Town Historian Tom Moreland
Austerlitz Town Hall and Austerlitz History Center
The Town Hall building was erected in 1836 as the Spencertown Methodist Episcopal Church. The History Center building was erected in 1915 to house the Spencertown Fire Company. It served as the Austerlitz Town Hall from 1920 to 2019.
Spencertown Academy, 1907
Austerlitz, NY Harvest Time
Christian Church, Austerlitz Village: Erected in 1852, in service to the 1960's
Spencertown Methodist Episcopal Church: Erected in 1836, in service to 1950 and now the Austerlitz Town Hall
St. Peter's Church, Spencertown: Erected as Meeting House in 1771 and moved to present site and enlarged (steeple, vestibule) in 1826.
Austerlitz Village Schoolhouse: Erected c1814, a school until 1956 and now part of the Old Austerlitz campus of the Austerlitz Historical Society